How to thread your Singer 201

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diagrams/Threading_Pages/Singer_Sewing_Machine_Threading/singer_201_threading_diagram.htm


my singer 201 has been sitting there in the corner of my master bedroom for over a year bc i cannot figure out how to thread it, attached to a table, and nothing online helped. but today i find this. i hope to try it when i get home from my trip.

i was tempted to sell it but this thing was a great find at $38 from Craigslist.  There was this construction guy that found it abandoned in some building.  Knew nothing about it but i got him to read me the numbers on the machine over the phone.  he had no pictures up and i did not want to waste a drive.  After he read me the numbers, a quick internet database search, i said i was leaving my place that second!

Another $50 was to get it cleaned and looked over for safety at the Singer store off of Friars Rd.  I asked the Singer guy if it needed anything for it to be in its best shape.  He replied no and that everything was perfect.   Purrr it did - until my toddler unravelled everything at home before i studied and programed its threading in my head...

so yeah, i will try threading the machine in a couple of days...


happy sewing everyone!

Comments