New Sewing Books: Stitch by Stitch and Martha Stewart's Sewing....

Hubby has been such an amazing support of my new year's resolution of everything sewing.  We are totally revamping the whole living room and turning it into a sewing studio where I can sew away and teach others the art of sewing as well.  He took me to B&N today to pick up sewing magazines but after looking through them was not too impressed at $6.99-$9.99 an issue, I headed to the sewing books.  I thought I hit the jackpot but was just too overwhelmed with the selection.  It hasn't been too long since looking out for a good sewing book and was surprised to see so many new ones.  I knew that I had just hold off, log online, read reviews and decide on the one I want.  After doing just that, I came up with 2 books that I will be adding to my sewing library.  They are Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Time and Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts: Basic Techniques for Sewing, Applique, Embroidery, Quilting, Dyeing, and Printing, plus 150 Inspired Projects from A to Z.  I chose them both for their reviews and both come with CDs that have the patterns and templates ready for print out.

There were other books that I was interested in store but after seeing that their patterns required extra steps, if I wanted to preserve them for future use, I backed out.  I hate it when they have 10 things or patterns on one big sheet and I am required to trace them with trace paper blah blah blah... I know that is poor excuse to not buy a sewing book, but at this point, I find it gives me a headache to see all that print and lines jumbled together and a bigger headache figuring out which line I should or should not trace and transfer... ugh! I really could my time better, like, cutting, or something.  Anyway, so I await these books.

I ordered from Barnes & Noble.  I had a gift card and with 25% off with the code E4A4D3W along with the use of my MasterCard (debit, of course), my only out of pocket was $10.83.  Sweet Sewing!

Comments